Mission Of design Your Neighborhood
Design Your Neighborhood (DYN) seeks to engage youth in the community design process as a means to empower and inform the next generation of citizens. As cities grow and change, citizen engagement and understanding of the built environment will be crucial to the quality of our growth. DYN programs and resources fall under the following mission:
Our mission is to invest the next generation of informed citizens in how the world is built around them. Youth will develop an understanding of urban design concepts and the impacts that they have on the quality of community. In turn, they will be empowered to use their voice to impact their own community.
1. Produce youth who are active agents of change in their communities by:
- Raising youth awareness of the world/issues around them.
- Facilitating the realization that they have the ability and capacity to enact change within their community.
2. Increase skills in critical thinking, research, responsible citizenship, and community engagement.
3. Increase student awareness of careers related to architecture, urban design, and civic leadership.